Saturday, May 21, 2005

A Father's Heart

May 21, 2005 - Saturday - Titusville, Florida - Report Submitted by Joe Hurston

I wanted to share a few thoughts with you from the U.S. Air Mobile office while Cherie is out in the jungles of Sri Lanka. As Cherie shared in her last communication, she would likely be out of touch for the next few days. It wouldn't surprise me to get a note from her while she's out there. One thing that has absolutely amazed me in my travels is that internet "connections" pop up in the strangest places. I know that if Cherie runs across a "connection", she'll likely shoot us an update.

I came to the office on this Saturday afternoon to prepare for a full day of preaching tomorrow. The Orlando Vineyard has invited Cindy and I to take the three morning services. I had to spend some quiet time to do that. While praying for the message, my mind and heart certainly focused on Cherie in Sri Lanka.

Cherie was invited on this mission journey by Allen Reesor. Allen and I go way back to Haiti. We met in 1980 and have been dear friends since. Allen has known Cherie since she was a baby